I grew up on suburban Long Island, NY. During my youth I took numerous forays into business, including starting up “Ted’s & Tom’s Lawn Mowing” at the age of twelve in partnership with my neighborhood buddy. Somehow I was put in charge of marketing, sales, and finance (likely because Tom provided more of the muscle!) But I loved creating the mimeographed fliers promoting our services, and knocking door-to-door to acquire new clients.
My love of business and marketing continued in college, where I majored in Applied Economics & Management at Cornell University. My professional management career began upon graduation, and I worked in a variety of industries including retail (Macy’s), travel (Avis Rent-a-car), and financial services (The Bank of New York, and Corning Credit Union). Along the way I also received an MBA in Finance and International Business from New York University’s Stern School of Business.
During my 18-year financial services career, I served in numerous leadership roles in the areas of branch banking, marketing, product management, commercial lending, business development, and sales. I have always loved writing and communication, and naturally gravitated toward those projects even before deciding to go it alone as a freelance commercial writer.
So, in 2014 I launched Ted Goldwyn Writing, a content marketing and copywriting firm. I serve companies in the financial services industry with clear, concise, and compelling written content that raises an organization’s profile and drives qualified leads to the top of the sales funnel. I specialize in long-form, thought leadership content like white papers, articles, blogs, web content, and case studies.
Through it all, I have learned the importance of fully understanding your customer or member— her unique motivations, perspective, and needs. The key to crafting outstanding communication is to speak directly and compellingly to your audience.
Personally, I live in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State, and I’m married with three wonderful children. I enjoy performing and listening to all types of music, distance running, grazing the bountiful local harvest of food and wine, and following my beloved New York Rangers in their quest for another Stanley Cup.
18 Years of Experience in Financial Services:
- Corning Credit Union
- The Bank of New York
- MBA in Finance & International Business, New York University Stern School of Business
- B.S. in Applied Economics & Management, Cornell University
Areas of Direct Experience:
- Commercial Lending
- Business Services
- Retail Branch Banking
- Product Management & Development
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Government Affairs & Regulatory Advocacy
Professional Associations & Certifications:
- American Writers & Artists, Inc.
- The Professional Writers Alliance
- Web Copy Specialist, AWAI Web Intensive 2015
- Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, Inc., Board Member
- Corning Rotary Club, President (2017-18), Paul Harris Fellow
- Congregation Kol Ami, Trustee
- Beta Theta Pi fraternity (Alumni corporation board, Beta Delta Chapter, Cornell University)
- Corning Children’s Center, Past Board President (2011-13), Vice-president (2009-2011), Treasurer (2007-2009)
Select List of Clients:
- AQUAOSO Technologies
- CO-OP Financial Services
- Credit Union Magazine
- CU Business Group, LLC
- McGuffin Creative Group
- Member Business Financial Services
- Moody’s Analytics
- nCino, Inc.
- ORMS, LLC
- Worldpay from FIS